DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - No one has won the big Powerball prize, so the estimated jackpot now grows to $750 million - the fourth-largest lottery jackpot in U.S. history.
The next drawing will be Saturday.
On Wednesday night, when it was at $620 million, the Powerball jackpot looked sort of puny given all the attention lavished on the $1.537 billion Mega Millions jackpot won in South Carolina on Tuesday.
Only three lottery jackpots have been larger than this Powerball, but with two giant prizes in one week, it's hard not to compare.
No one has won the Powerball jackpot since Aug. 11, when a man from Staten Island, New York, won $245.6 million.
- No big Powerball winner; jackpot now up to $750 million
- Powerball, Mega Millions jackpots rise to nearly $1 billion combined
- Powerball winner donates half a million dollars to veterans group
- Mega Millions jackpot winning numbers
- Mega Millions jackpot rises to $521 million
- New York man wins $344 million Powerball jackpot by playing same numbers for 25 years
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $900 million, second-highest
- Winning ticket for Mega Millions jackpot sold in New Jersey
- Mega Millions jackpot reaches $1B as drawing nears