ROME, N.Y. – A bus carrying three students went off Oswego Road into a ditch Tuesday morning in Rome.
The Oneida County Sheriff’s Office says Michael Smith, 26, was driving the Birnie bus when he lost control on icy pavement and crashed into the ditch around 7 a.m.
The students, Smith and a monitor were on the bus at the time. No injuries were reported and no tickets were issued after the accident.
Rome Fire Department and AmCare Ambulance responded to the scene to assist deputies during this incident.
- No injuries reported after school bus veers off icy road in Rome
- Icy roads expected Monday night
- School Bus Crash reported in Ilion
- Ava woman injured in accident with school bus in Rome
- Rome school bus, police car involved in crash
- Icy spots developing Thursday night
- Birnie Bus school bus driver disciplined
- Deputies: 1-month-old in Rome has died from injuries
- Centro to suspend bus services in Rome, Utica
- School Bus Camera Safety Act