DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - The Mega Millions jackpot is now up to $900 million.
Lottery officials raised the estimated prize Wednesday, less than a day after another drawing without a winner increased the prize to $868 million.
Officials say no tickets matched all six numbers to claim the Mega Millions prize Tuesday night. The numbers were 3, 45, 49, 61, 69 and Mega Ball 9.
The next drawing will be Friday. The estimated jackpot for that drawing would be the second-largest lottery prize in U.S. history.
The largest lottery jackpot was a $1.6 billion Powerball prize won in January 2016.
The jackpot has been growing since July, when some California office workers won $543 million.
The odds of winning the jackpot aren't good, at one in 302.5 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $900 million, second-highest
- Mega Millions jackpot winning numbers
- Mega Millions jackpot rises to $521 million
- Powerball, Mega Millions jackpots rise to nearly $1 billion combined
- Winning ticket for Mega Millions jackpot sold in New Jersey
- Mega Millions jackpot reaches $1B as drawing nears
- A person in Ohio just won the $372 million Mega Millions jackpot
- Single ticket in South Carolina wins $1.537 billion Mega Millions jackpot
- No big Powerball winner; jackpot now up to $750 million
- New York man wins $344 million Powerball jackpot by playing same numbers for 25 years