WATERVILLE, N.Y. -- A threat was reported regarding the Waterville Elementary School Thursday night.
The Oneida County Sheriff's Office says after investigation the threat, it was determined that it was not credible.
We were made aware of a conversation between MPS students that referred to the recent bank robbery & that someone was going to shoot up the school. We reported the situation to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office who investigated and have deemed that there is no credible threat.
— Charles Chafee (@watervillesupt) May 10, 2019
The students and staff at the school are not in danger, and deputies also specified that the incident is not connected with the bank robbery in Oriskany Falls.
Deputies, the special patrol officer and the Waterville Central School District worked together in the investigation.
- Non-credible threat reported at Waterville Elementary School, deputies say
- Social media threat made against VVS, deputies say not credible
- Elementary students thank veterans for their service in Waterville
- Waterville community remembers transgender teen
- More than 400 Pajama Drive items collected by Waterville Elementary students
- Alleged threat at New Hartford High School found to be not credible
- Holland Patent school officials say 'no credible threat' after rumors of hit list
- Mercy flight used in Waterville accident
- Deputies investigating reported threat at Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES
- Low water pressure reported at Ilion's Barringer Road Elementary School