RICHFIELD SPRINGS, N.Y. – A North Carolina man was charged with criminal possession of a firearm after state police stopped him on State Highway 80 in the town of Burlington.
A trooper stopped Michael J. Alfaro, 28, for a traffic infraction, finding a gun and a magazine with ammunition while investigating.
State police say Alfaro did not have a pistol permit, and neither did his passenger.
Alfaro was released on appearance tickets, and is scheduled to return to court on March 2.
The passenger was not charged.
- North Carolina man charged with criminal possession after NY state police find gun during traffic stop
- State police arrest North Carolina fugitive after traffic stop
- Proposal would stop out-of-state criminals from getting NY gun licenses
- Ban on North Carolina trips cramps NY state college swimmers
- Frankfort Police discover stolen gun during traffic stop, Utica man charged
- NY poised to join 41 states in criminalizing revenge porn
- Utica traffic stop leads to cocaine charge for Oneida man
- Traffic stop leads to aggravated DWI charge for Rome man
- Trenton traffic stop leads to drug charges for Poland man
- Utica man charged with DWI after fleeing traffic stop