The man who murdered his wife and a state trooper in Jefferson County was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Justin Walters shot his wife 13 times and then shot Trooper Joel Davis nearly two years ago.
Trooper Davis was the first officer to respond to the scene.
The killings happened in the summer of 2017, and Walters was found guilty last month.
- North Country man handed life without parole for killing wife, state trooper
- Official: New York state trooper, suspect killed
- North country digging out
- Third North Country snowmobile crash claims life of 18-year-old
- Former Army sergeant guilty in deaths of wife, NY trooper
- Paroled rapist still sought
- Man indicted on charges in slayings of his wife, NY trooper
- State launches 6 new Cuisine Trails across North Country
- UPDATE: Trooper killed in Montgomery County crash
- State police: Man killed in Lee trooper-involved shooting lunged at officer with knife