Syracuse, N.Y. - The Carrier Dome is usually the home of the Syracuse Orange but this weekend it was all about Section III hoops.
Notre Dame fans came ready and so did the Jugglers.
From the tip-off, it was raining threes for Dante Griffin. He made his first four shots from beyond the arc in the opening minutes. That set the tone for the rest of the contest.
Griffin finished win a game high 36 points, earning him MVP honors.
Notre Dame defeated the Cobras 81-65 to earn their first Section III Class A title in over 10 years.
Earlier in the day, the Cooperstown Hawkeyes fell one point short of a miraculous comeback in the Class C Final.
After a slow start, the Hawkeyes pulled even with Tully in the closing minutes.
It went back and forth down the stretch, Dante Cuttino gave the Black Knights a 49-48 edge with a put back shot.
Then Cooperstown had the ball with 4 seconds left, they ran the play they wanted, Jack Lambert open look, no good.
Tough break for the Hawkeyes as their season comes to an end but a still a bright future for Cooperstown.
In the Section III Class D Championship, it was a rematch between McGraw and Madison.
The Blue Devils had the same issue as Cooperstown, they fell behind early and did everything they could to comeback but it just wasn't enough.
Spencer Haviland hit a couple of huge threes at the end, he finished with 17 points.
This one again came down to the wire but the Eagles were victorious, earning their first ever Class D Title.
- Notre Dame tops Bishop Grimes for Section III Class A Title, Cooperstown and Madison fall short in finals
- Cooperstown girls win Section III Class C title; Little Falls, Madison end tremendous runs in finals
- Cooperstown, Lowville crowned sectional champ, Notre Dame comes up short, Herkimer tops MVCC in Region III final, Utica loses in UCHC Championship
- Oneida tops Adirondack to capture 2019 Section III Class B title
- Whitesboro boys advance to Section III Class A semifinals, Oneida girls fall short in Class B quarterfinals
- Clinton falls in Section III Division II boys hockey final
- Waterville beats Brookfield for Section III Class D Title, Little Falls drops C Title to Syracuse Academy of Science
- 10-30-19 SCORES: Camden captures third straight Section III Class C field hockey title; Little Falls, Poland and Waterville girls, Westmoreland-Oriskany boys advance to respective soccer section finals
- Camden, Clinton to play for Section III Class C field hockey title; Little Falls will face Port Byron in Class D final