UTICA, N.Y. -After weeks of recanvassing, the official results are in for two close Oneida County races.
According to the Oneida County Board of Elections, the races for District 18's legislator and Utica Common Council At-Large now reveal different winners from election day's initial results.
Jeffrey Daniels Sr., the Republican incumbent for Oneida County legislator in District 18 was initially slated to keep his seat by one vote. After counting absentee ballots and recanvassing, his Democratic challenger Joseph Furgol won the seat by 36 votes.
In Utica Common Council's At-Large race, Republican newcomer Michele Mandia initially won a seat over incumbent Jack LoMedico.
However, the BOE now reports LoMedico won with 23 votes.
- Official results in for two close Oneida County races
- Election Day 2017: Oneida County races
- Official results in for Frankfort Town Council race
- Republican Paul Deep wins Oneida County Family Court judge race
- Oneida County officials working to raise awareness of child abuse
- Oneida County officials raising awareness of elder abuse
- Oneida County legislators consider pay increase for 4 elected officials
- Oneida County officials talk plans for 'Raise the Age' implementation
- UPDATE: Results for school district votes in South Lewis, Oneida