OLD FORGE- Hundreds of people were at McCauley Mountain over the weekend for a winter carnival.
On Saturday, there was a snowflake derby, dinner, night skiing and fireworks.
"This is the high point of the winter season," said Old Forge Tourism Director, Mike Farmer. He also mentioned the snow from Friday's storm came at a perfect time.
The carnival continues on Sunday from 12- 4:30 p.m..
- Old Forge Winter Carnival: an Olympic weekend
- Olympic pride welcome at Winter Carnival in Old Forge
- Winter Carnival wraps up in Cooperstown
- Old Forge hosting Fire Drills this weekend
- Community School Carnival provides more than just a carnival atmosphere
- Weather makes for an early winter season in Old Forge
- Winter break causes tourism to skyrocket in Old Forge
- Christmas on Main Street in Old Forge this weekend
- A spring to winter weekend
- Old Forge native Maddie Phaneuf qualifies for U.S. Olympic Biathlon Team