PYEONGCHANG, SOUTH KOREA – Another Central New York native will get her chance at Olympic glory on Wednesday.
Old Forge native Maddie Phaneuf will compete in her event, the women’s 15 kilometer biathlon, on Wednesday morning eastern time. The biathlon combines cross-country skiing and rifle shooting.
The Town of Webb School District announced they will host a viewing party in the school gym to cheer on Phaneuf. The party starts at 6:00 a.m. and doors open at 5:45.
Maddie was born in Virginia but moved to Old Forge when she was 8-years-old. She is a 2013 graduate of the Webb school district and currently lives and trains in Lake Placid.
- Old Forge native Maddie Phaneuf to compete in biathlon Wednesday
- Maddie Phaneuf will likely not compete in women's relay biathlon
- Old Forge native Maddie Phaneuf qualifies for U.S. Olympic Biathlon Team
- Old Forge welcomes home Maddie Phaneuf
- Strep throat takes Maddie Phaneuf out of women's individual biathlon
- When to watch local Olympians Erin Hamlin, Maddie Phaneuf
- Maddie Phaneuf's Olympic race postponed due to weather
- Maddie Phaneuf to host community reception at McCauley Mountain on Sunday
- Westmoreland native competes in 2018 Special Olympics
- Snodeo 2018 wraps up in Old Forge