SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - New York State Police say a 24-year-old woman has died and another person is injured after they were struck by a truck on Interstate 90 in Madison County east of Syracuse.
Authorities say Grace Wilson and 21-year-old James Bowen, both of Syracuse, were hit just before 1 a.m. Wednesday near mile marker 270 in the town of Sullivan.
According to state police, the two were struck as they stood in the roadway.
Their vehicle was stopped in the westbound driving lane. Authorities say the truck was traveling in the passing lane.
Wilson was pronounced dead at Upstate University Hospital. Bowen was in critical condition.
The truck driver and another passenger who had remained in the stopped vehicle were not injured.
The incident is under investigation.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Syracuse woman dies after being struck by truck on I-90
- Travel Ban and advisory issued for I-90
- Syracuse police: Man stole truck, hit vehicles before being shot
- Syracuse zoo's female lion, last of triplets, dies at 18
- Police: 12-year-old Syracuse boy dies after being shot
- AAA team Syracuse Mets to play in Syracuse through 2043
- Top ranked Duke beats Syracuse
- Police: Woman's kidnapping leads to big drug haul in Syracuse
- Police: Syracuse woman stole 49 shirts from New Hartford Macy's
- Woman and three children found dead in car in Syracuse