SULLIVAN- Officials with the Madison County Sheriff's Department confirmed a man from Pompey New York died in a crash in the town of Sullivan.
This happened just before 6 p.m. on Friday night. Witnesses said Michael P. Eighmey, 24, was riding his motorcycle down Fyler Road at a high rate of speed. He then "popped a wheelie" and rode on the back wheel of the bike for a period of time.
They said when Eighmey put the front wheel down, he lost control and hit a tree.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The investigation is ongoing.
- One man dead after motorcycle stunt
- One dead in Oswego County motorcycle crash
- Mohawk man dies after motorcycle crash
- Mug Club: Escorted Motorcycle Ride
- Sauquoit man arrested after nearly year-long motorcycle crash investigation
- UPDATE: Police ID New Hartford man killed in motorcycle crash
- Rome man in critical condition following motorcycle crash
- Mohawk police identify man killed in motorcycle crash
- Utica man wins new motorcycle in Sitrin's Harley raffle
- I-88 motorcycle accident leads to weapons arrest of Virginia man