UTICA, N.Y. -- An arrest has been made in connection with the triple stabbing in Utica that left one man dead in Utica.
Kwame Spratt, age 28, of Utica has been arrested and charged with Murder in the second degree.
They've also identified the victim as Thomas Bell, age 33, of Utica New York.
Utica police are investigating a homicide after a fight turned into a stabbing, and one of the victims died.
— earl davis (@edavisearl) July 19, 2019
Lt. Bryan Coromato says the fight started at the corner of Varick and Cooper streets at about 1:10 a.m. That fight escalated and moved south on Varick Street.
Utica police say three men were involved in a stabbing. One of the men collapsed and was rushed to the hospital with stab wounds. The 33-year-old man died at the hospital from his injuries.
The two other men suffered injuries which are not considered life-threatening.
"At this point, our investigaters are speaking with witnesses at the scene. We do have some cooperation from people who are there. We are working with business owners on the street and getting video surveillance from the businesses and from our own video surveillance we have on the street," Coromato said.
Utica police ask that anyone with information regarding the case to contact them at 315-223-3510.
- Arrest made in Varick Street triple stabbing leaving one man dead in Utica
- Suspect in fatal Varick Street stabbing rejects plea bargain
- Possible demolition for Greek Revival building on Utica's Varick Street
- Varick Street Takes on the Irish
- Man accused of stabbing three men on Varick Street waives right to felony hearing
- Upcoming hearings scheduled for man accused in fatal stabbing on Varick Street
- Varick Street staple, Reynold's Hardware, closing after a century
- Parade goers flock to Varick Street for the after party
- Schenectady police detective accused in Varick Street bar fight
- Varick Street pub crawl raises money for local families