UTICA, N.Y. -- Utica Police have arrested a woman in connection to a stabbing incident on Brinckerhoff Avenue on Wednesday night.
Police have charged Jamie Lynn Hayes, 33, of Utica for assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
Officers responded to the 1600 block of Brinckerhoff just before 9:00 p.m. When they arrived, they located a male victim suffering from a severe stab wound to the abdomen.
There were several other individuals in the residence at the time, and all are currently speaking with Utica Police investigators about the circumstances of the incident.
The victim was brought to the hospital and was in surgery into the overnight hours. Police say he is expected to survive his injuries.
Utica Police say there are no threats to the public.
- Utica woman arrested for Brinckerhoff Avenue stabbing
- Utica teen charged in May shooting on Brinckerhoff Avenue
- Utica Police investigate Brinckerhoff Ave. shooting
- Utica police make fourth arrest in shots fire incident on Brinckerhoff Avenue
- Brinckerhoff shooting victim in stable condition, no suspect in custody
- Utica woman accused of stabbing female victim
- Woman and child shot on Dudley Avenue in Utica
- Teenager arrested following Utica shooting on Lincoln Avenue
- Cassville teen arrested for stabbing a woman
- Woman recovering after stabbing in Utica, another in custody