UTICA, N.Y. – Utica Police tell us the person who was shot on Seymour Ave Tuesday night, is now in critical but stable condition.
The shooting happened on the 1500 block of Seymour Avenue, near Arthur Street, just before 5 p.m., according to Utica police.
The man was shot twice in the back while crossing the street, and was transported to a local hospital.
At this time, police do not have a suspect in custody.
Utica Police tell us they're still actively investigating the incident.
Lt. Bryan Coromato from the Utica Police Department says with the recent spike in shootings, they are working to see if any of these incidents are related.
"All of the shootings that are under investigation at this time we are keeping an open mind with to see if they're related," Coromato said. "At this point we have no information to connect any of the shootings but its still something we are investigating.. At times we do see spikes in shots fired and they can be related and that's why we're looking into seeing if they related."
- Man in critical condition after being shot twice on Seymour Ave in Utica
- Seymour Pool Welcomes Swimmers and Utica Police
- Man in critical condition after crash on Culver Ave.
- Condition critical for Ambulance Corps
- Utica Police investigate Brinckerhoff Ave. shooting
- Utica man involved in Culver Ave. crash has died
- Driver in Deerfield crash in critical condition
- UPDATE: 21-year-old man in critical condition after Arterial crash
- Rome man in critical condition following motorcycle crash
- 14-year-old boy in critical condition after being shot in Syracuse