Oriskany, N.Y. - The Oneida County Sheriff's Department announced Friday night that one of their beloved K9's has died.
Cero was Deputy Jason Osika's long time partner that was trained in patrol work as well as explosive detection.
Sheriffs officials say over the course of his career, K9 Cero and Deputy Osika assisted with hundreds of explosive sweeps for the sheriff's department as well as other agencies that requested his assistance.
Deputy Osika and K9 Cero were partners for almost 10 years.
- Oneida County K9 Cero dies
- Meet Enzo: Newest K9 named in memory of fallen Oneida County deputy sheriff
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office trains new K9 deputy in case marijuana is legalized
- Oneida County man dies after being tased by police in Oneida
- Rabies Clinics in Oneida County
- Oneida County Storm Damage Aftermath
- NEWSTALK: Oneida County Travel Guide
- NARCAN in Oneida County Jail
- Oneida County Executive Candidates Debate
- Oneida County Board passes 2019 county budget