UTICA, N.Y. -- Oneida County Legislator Ed Welsh announced he won't be seeking re-election after 2019.
He's spoken to NewsChannel 2 many times on behalf of AAA.
He's served nine terms representing the 19th Legislative District in Utica and says the purpose of the announcement coming so early is to ensure there is plenty of time for qualified people to run.
Welsh is the chair of the Economic Development & Tourism Committee, the vice-chair of the Public Work Committee, and is part of the Government Operations, Ways & Means, and Workers' Compensation committees.
The 19th district represents South Utica and parts of Central Utica.
- Oneida County Legislator Ed Welsh won't seek re-election
- Ed Welsh is retiring from AAA
- Ed Welsh named new CEO of CABVI
- Oneida County legislators consider pay increase for 4 elected officials
- Oneida County legislators approve Hulbert House sale
- David Gordon seeks election in Oneida County executive race
- Picente, Timpano seeking re-election in Oneida County
- Welsh Festival of Song held in Clinton
- Oneida County legislators to discuss improving rural transit
- Election Day 2017: Oneida County races