NEW HARTFORD, N.Y. -- The Oneida County Sheriff's Department is looking for candidates to fill part-time corrections positions.
Recruitment officers are set up at the Sangertown Square Mall with applications and informational material for anyone interested in working at the correctional facility at their job fair.
Currently there are 12 part-time positions available due to retirements and vacancies.
Many of those part-time employees become full-time when full time positions become available.
“If you pass your interview, it will go to background, from background you'll have your physical fitness exam and so on. It is a little bit of a process. You have to be patient, but it's well worth it,” said Oneida County Sheriff's Department Sergeant Terry Gilbert.
The job fair continues through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the mall each day. To apply you must be at least 19 years old.
- Oneida County Sheriff's Dept. looking for part-time corrections officers
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office seeks part-time correction officers
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office welcomes 9 new corrections officers
- Correction officers needed in Oneida County
- Openings: Oneida County Sheriff's Dept. application deadlines approaching
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office to host correction officer job fair this week
- Oneida County correction officer, deputy awarded for their service
- Oneida County corrections officers graduate emergency response training
- Corrections officers from Oneida, Herkimer, and Madison counties graduate
- Deputies needed for Oneida County Sheriff's Office