ONEIDA COUNTY, NY--
Oneida County Sheriff Robert Maciol is announcing that the Sheriff’s Office is seeking qualified candidates to apply for several upcoming, anticipated Special Patrol Officer (SPO) positions within the Sheriff’s Office.
The Special Patrol Officers of the Sheriff’s Office are assigned to a variety of security posts throughout Oneida County, with a majority of them assigned to various school districts that are under contract with the Sheriff for security services.
Minimum qualifications include being a retired Police Officer (Deputy, Police Officer, Trooper) or retired Peace Officer (Correction Officer, Parole Officer, Probation Officer) from within New York State and they must possess a valid NYS Pistol Permit.
Additional job descriptions and information can be found at: http://ocgov.net/oneida/sites/default/files/personnel/JobSpecs/S/SpecialPatrolOfficer.pdf
Applications can be found at: http://ocgov.net/oneida/sites/default/files/personnel/Applications/CivilServiceApplication2018.pdf
(Need to accompanied by proof of retirement and a copy of the applicant’s NYS Pistol Permit)
Additional questions can be made to the Sheriff at 315-765-2200.
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office Seeking Special Patrol Officer Applications
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office seeks part-time correction officers
- Oneida County Legislature approves 23 special patrol officers
- Oneida Co. Sheriff's Office seeks applications for Chief Deputy of Child Advocacy Center
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office still seeking new recruits
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office receives state accreditation
- Deputies needed for Oneida County Sheriff's Office
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office welcomes 9 new corrections officers
- School Districts hiring Special Patrol Officers
- Some schools in Oneida County to recieve Special Patrol Officers this fall