The Oneida County Sheriff’s Office has announced the dates for this year’s New York State Boater Safety Courses, which will be held in various locations throughout Oneida County.
The following classes will be offered:
- April 14 at the Oneida County Department of Public Works conference room, 5999 Judd Road in Oriskany.
- April 28 at the Oneida County Department of Public Works conference room, 5999 Judd Road in Oriskany.
- June 9 at the Lake Delta Yacht Club located at 6487 Karlen Road in Rome
- June 23 (hosted by the Kayuta Lake Improvement Association) at the Forestport Town Hall located on Woodhull Road in Forestport.
All classes will begin at 9 a.m., and the classes are eight hours long. It’s recommended that attendees bring snacks or a lunch.
Classes are limited to 30 students, and additional classes will be offered if needed.
You can sign up for the free classes by calling the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office at 315-765-2222, and ask to speak with Sue Goding.
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office announces 2018 boater safety courses
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office talks importance of boater safety
- Free NYS Boater Safety Course offered in Oriskany, registration required
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office offers cold weather safety tips
- Divers search Oneida Lake for missing boater
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office releases 2018 Ten Most Wanted
- Deputies needed for Oneida County Sheriff's Office
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office receives state accreditation
- New state law to strengthen boater safety
- Handgun safety course offered in Herkimer County