The Oneida County Sheriff’s Office has captured two people listed on its 2019 Top 10 Most Wanted list.
Sheriff Rob Maciol says deputies located and arrested 47-year-old Sarah Barrett, of Oneida Castle, on Nov. 27 for violating the terms and conditions of her probation. She is on probation for a felony charge of criminal possession of stolen property and has been evading police since 2018.
Barrett was arrested at a Walmart in Cicero, N.Y. after investigators discovered she frequently visited the store.
Deputies also found and arrested Hector Mercado on Dec. 2 after finding the Utica man at a residence in Buffalo. Mercado, 52, was wanted on an Oneida County Superior Court indictment warrant for failing to register as a sex offender. He was held at Oneida County Jail awaiting arraignment in Oneida County Court on Dec. 3.
U.S. marshals also assisted in capturing Mercado.
- Oneida County Sheriff’s Office arrests 2 of Top 10 Most Wanted
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office releases 2018 Ten Most Wanted
- Deputies needed for Oneida County Sheriff's Office
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office receives state accreditation
- Oneida County's Top 10 Most Wanted list released
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office welcomes 9 new corrections officers
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office seeks part-time correction officers
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office Seeking Special Patrol Officer Applications
- No. 6 on Oneida Co. Sheriff's Office's Ten Most Wanted list arrested
- Oneida County Sheriff's office investigating Thanksgiving morning shooting