NEW HARTFORD – Oneida County hosted a dinner, Friday, to honor local youth and youth mentors for their positive impact on the community.
The dinner was held at Daniele’s Banquet Specialists in New Hartford.
Families and students, from school districts throughout Oneida County, came out to celebrate the accomplishments of the honorees.
Reps with Oneida County say the event is a way to give back to those who give so much to the community.
There were 11 honorees. The honorees ranged from students who maintained high grades while going above and beyond in their volunteer efforts, to staff that work in after school programs and serve as role models for students.
Oneida county executive Anthony Picente, Jr. says the dinner shows that the future of Oneida County is in “good hands, with outstanding youth who are being guided by equally outstanding adults.”
This is just the beginning for local youth recognition. Oneida county reps say they hope to continue this event for many years to come.
- Oneida County hosts Youth Awards Dinner
- Oneida County hosts youth awards dinner
- Genesis Group hosts 13th annual Striving for Success awards dinner
- 2019 Boilermaker Awards Dinner held at MVCC
- Utica Blue Sox, Oneida Co. Youth Bureau to host free baseball clinic Friday
- Oneida County awarded additional $2.5M for drone tasks at Griffiss
- Oneida County correction officer, deputy awarded for their service
- Oneida County Sheriff’s Office members honored with service awards
- Oneida County awarded $40K to improve snowmobile trails
- Kids Oneida provides Thanksgiving dinners to local families in need