UTICA, N.Y. – As eligible businesses prepared to reopen on Friday, Oneida County has released guidance business owners are advised to follow ahead of opening their doors.
Several county officials have worked together to develop the following three documents:
- Reopening Toolkit
- Reopening Checklist
- Best Practices Guidelines
“This is all useful information that’s been put together through our planning department, our economic development department, our health department -- for ways in which your business can open up safely,” said Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente during his press conference Tuesday.
Picente says the toolkit is meant to provide businesses a list of items that should be considered as they prepare to open again.
“The Reopening Toolkit is a way for you to look at what you need, and what should be in place in terms of your reopening,” said Picente.
The Reopening Toolkit contains the following sections:
- Establish an on-site coordinator
- Assess essential functions
- Assess personnel policies
- Tools to create or update policies
- Facility assessment
- Develop a communication
- Customer engagement plan
The county has also provided a condensed toolkit checklist so businesses owners can cross off items as they’re completed.
The Best Practices Guidelines lists various ways businesses can improve or implement protocols and procedures that will keep employees and customers safe.
The document suggests making updates to:
- Personal protective equipment, facility cleaning and sanitizing
- Social distancing protocols
- Vendor engagement
- Customer engagement
- Travel policies
- Protocols for monitoring employee health
- Employee and customer communications/signage
- Communications and education