UTICA, N.Y. -- Sheriff Rob Maciol has released a Top 10 Most Wanted list of people accused in Oneida County, but the most serious – has already been captured.
The person in the top spot, Tomas Zavalidroga, was found out-of-state in the town of Morris, New Jersey.
Zavalidroga is best known for dropping his mother off in the woods and reporting her missing back in 2014, and Monday he is back in police custody.
The Oneida County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public’s help in finding the people that made the list. They say the list contains individuals from the area who have eluded law enforcement thus far.
The sheriff says none of the individuals on the list are wanted for violent crimes.
The list was made, the posters went out, and before Monday's news conference, Zavalidroga is already on his way back to Oneida County.
He faces a second-degree charge of criminal contempt.
“No. 1, probably the one who has caught the most public attention because of his background and previous charges and previous cases, the individual listed as number one, Tomas, Tomas. He has been captured,” said Maciol.
The sheriff added that the more serious criminals in the county have been captured.
- Oneida County's Top 10 Most Wanted list released
- No. 8 on Oneida County Ten Most Wanted list arrested
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office releases 2018 Ten Most Wanted
- No. 10 on Oneida County's Ten Most Wanted list captured in Florida
- Oneida County Sheriff’s Office arrests 2 of Top 10 Most Wanted
- No. 4 suspect on Oneida County's Ten Most Wanted list arrested in Utica
- No. 3 suspect on Oneida County's Ten Most Wanted list captured in CT
- List of high school graduations in Oneida, Herkimer, Otsego counties
- No. 6 on Oneida Co. Sheriff's Office's Ten Most Wanted list arrested
- No. 2 suspect on Oneida Co. Ten Most Wanted list arrested