Newstalk guest David Mathis, the Workforce Development Director, talks to us about an upcoming job fair, Oneida Works, that has 1,000 job openings.
It will be held at the Adirondack Bank Center Utica Memorial Auditorium this upcoming Monday, October 21st, from 11am to 6 pm.
A media session with County Executive Anthony J. Picente Jr. and organizational representatives will take place at 10:30 a.m.
"Oneida Works! will be a career event unlike any other," Picente said. "We are assembling a diverse assortment of employers from across Oneida County who need to fill 1,000 jobs right now. This is a golden opportunity for job seekers to capitalize upon, and I strongly encourage anyone who is looking for a new career path, interview training, resume building or work attire to attend."
There will be full-time and part-time jobs available.
The event will also provide on-site resume review and a Career Clothes Closet.
To register for Oneida Works job fair, click here.
Nearly 50 organizations are confirmed for Oneida Works, representing multiple industry sectors and position types, including the following:
o Fountainhead Group
o Sovena USA
• Health Care
o Mohawk Valley Health System
o Slocum Dickson Medical Group
o Turning Stone
o Vernon Downs
o Garden Entertainment
• Human Services
o Masonic Care Community
o Upstate Cerebral Palsy
o ICANRome Memorial Hospital
o BNY Mellon
• Federal Contracting
- Oneida Works job fair has 1,000 job openings
- Upcoming career fair to feature 1,000 jobs across region
- NewsTalk: MVHS Dialysis Job Fair
- New Irish Cultural Center job fair
- MVCC holds job fair featuring manufacturing opportunities
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office to host correction officer job fair this week
- DFAS jobs in peril?
- Looking for a job?
- 50 employers seeking to fill positions at OneidaWorks! job fair
- Adirondack Scenic Railroad holding job fair to fill open positions for The Polar Express