ONEIDA, N.Y. -- An Oneida man is accused of having sexual contact with more than one child under the age of 17.
The Madison County Child Advocacy Center and the Oneida City Police Department’s Juvenile Aid Unit say they have been investigating several reports of illegal sexual conduct with minors.
They say it all stems back to 38-year-old Daniel Hatch of Oneida, who is facing 16 counts of charges.
The victims, with an age range of about 11 to 17 years old, were allegedly subjected to sexual conduct by Hatch. They say they received reports that Hatch would engage in inappropriate activity, which frequently included sexual contact with many of the victims.
Hatch was interviewed and charged for the alleged crimes. He has been charged with:
- 1 count of Criminal Sex Act 1st (B Felony)
- 1 count of Sex Abuse 1st (D Felony)
- 1 count of Criminal Sex Act 3rd (E Felony)
- 10 counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child (A misdemeanors)
- 2 counts of Unlawfully Dealing with a Minor (A misdemeanors)
- 1 count of Forcible Touching (A misdemeanor)
Hatch was arraigned and remanded to the Madison County Jail in lieu of bail or bond. He is due back in court at a later date.
Orders of protection have been issued, but police have reason to believe there may be more victims. Anyone that knows someone who may have been victimized or has any information about the alleged crimes is urged to call police at 315-363-9111.