SMITHFIELD – An Oneida man was killed in a one-car crash in Madison County on Thursday, according to New York State Police.
Police say 18-year-old Miller Wade was driving a 2009 Toyota Yaris northbound on Buyea Road in the town of Smithfield when the vehicle left the road from the east shoulder, stuck an embankment and became airborne. The car then struck a tree and came to a rest in a ravine.
The back-seat passenger, 23-year-old Trevor Rice of Oneida, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Wade was airlifted to SUNY Upstate Medical University with severe head trauma and he is listed in critical condition.
A front-seat passenger, 23-year-old Brett Moyer of Oneida, was extricated from the vehicle and taken to Upstate Medical University with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say the investigation is continuing.
- Oneida man killed in 1-car crash
- Sauquoit man killed in 1-car crash in Litchfield
- Utica man killed in 1-car crash in Trenton
- Clinton man injured in 1-car crash in Verona
- Sauquoit woman injured in 1-car crash in Marshall
- 2 people hospitalized following 1-car crash in Sangerfield
- Rome woman injured in 1-car crash in Lee
- Ilion woman charged with DWI following 1-car crash
- 2 people hospitalized following 1-car crash in New Hartford
- UPDATE: Police release names of 3 people killed in 1-car crash on Thruway in Verona