VERONA, N.Y. (AP) - The Oneida Indians will start allowing sports betting at their upstate New York casino this week.
The Oneida Indian Nation and Caesars Entertainment plan a grand opening event on Thursday at their Turning Stone casino in Verona.
New York is the ninth state to permit and regulate sports betting after the state's Gaming Commission approved regulations earlier this year.
Casinos around the state are starting to take bets.
The operation at Turning Stone will be called The Lounge with Caesars Sports.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Oneidas to start sports betting at Turning Stone this week
- Oneidas officially welcome patrons to enjoy sports betting at Turning Stone
- Oneidas mark 25th anniversary of Turning Stone
- Oneidas to offer sports betting after Supreme Court decision
- Oneidas to offer sports betting with Caesars Entertainment
- Turning Stone Welcomes in All-Star Weekend
- Picente believes sports betting will have player-driven impact to Oneida County economy
- Stagnant horse racing betting court ruling helps the sport
- Lawmakers ponder sports betting - and face a deadline
- Nixon backs injection sites, says no rush on sports betting