BRIDGEPORT, N.Y. (AP) - The Oneida Indians will open their third upstate New York casino March 1 in an increasingly crowded market.
The tribe said Wednesday the Point Place Casino in Bridgeport near Syracuse will open with 500 slot machines and 20 table games.
The new casino will be smaller than the Oneida's Turning Stone Resort Casino, which has 2,000 slots and table games in Verona, New York. The Oneidas also operate the Yellow Brick Road Casino in Chittenango.
Several upstate New York casinos have opened in recent years and Resorts World Catskills is set to open next month northwest of New York City.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Oneidas will open new central New York casino March 1
- Jackpot elusive for 3 new upstate New York casinos
- Mother's Day in Central New York
- Picente: U District casino has advantage over other Upstate casinos
- Police identify 2 children killed in central New York fire
- UPDATE: Thousands of customers without power in Central New York
- EEE detected in central New York mosquito pools
- Presidential visits to Central New York: Facts & history
- Cuomo dismisses talk of casino bail out
- Rabies Clinics in Oneida County