ONEONTA N.Y.- The New York State Liquor Authority suspended the license of Sip and Sail Tavern on Water Street in Oneonta.
It all happened on Friday, Nov. 15. State Police, New York State DMV Investigators, and the NYS Liquor Authority followed up on complaints of underage drinking and sales to intoxicated patrons.
Undercover investigators found nearly 200 underage drinkers in the bar.
ID's were checked and the investigation found that nearly 90% of patrons were under 21.
The Liquor Authority charged the Sip and Sail Tavern with 53 violations of the alcoholic beverage control law, including 47 counts of selling to a minor, exceeding maximum occupancy, faliure to supervise and employing unlicensed bouncers.
- Oneonta Bar loses liquor license
- Bomber's Burrito Bar opens in Oneonta
- Oneonta man accused of DWI with suspended license
- Bombers Burrito Bar slated to open this month in Oneonta
- Former Oneonta firefighter loses life saving loved ones from blaze
- Oneonta Hotel Court Decision
- SUNY Oneonta graduation ceremony
- Coming soon: Bombers Burrito Bar sign to tie up Oneonta traffic Wednesday
- It's Arbor Day in Oneonta
- Hundreds graduate from SUNY Oneonta