ONEONTA, N.Y. -- A man wanted in connection with a deadly fire in Oneonta was brought out of hiding and taken into custody.
Gabriel Truitt is accused of starting the fire on Walling Avenue in December that killed a former firefighter.
Oneonta police arrested him late Tuesday afternoon.
The chief says he was hiding in the basement of a Main Street home and has likely been there for several days.
Truitt, last week, was indicted on a murder and arson charge.
Former Oneonta firefighter John Heller was killed in the fire after saving his fiancee and nephews.
- Oneonta arson, murder suspect arrested following police search
- Police set sights on different suspect in Oneonta deadly arson
- Witness claims he talked to Oneonta arson suspect following fire
- Arson: Arrest made in connection with death of former Oneonta firefighter
- Oneonta Hotel Court Decision
- SUNY Oneonta graduation ceremony
- Cocaine, psychedelic mushrooms among items found during Oneonta search
- Search underway for man accused in Oneonta fatal fire
- Death of man who ingested substance during Oneonta police search ruled accidental
- SUNY Oneonta student charged with attempted murder in stabbing incident