The Oneonta Common Council meeting took place immediately after the Mayor Gary Herzig state of the city address Tuesday.
A public hearing was held for the oneonta rail yard. People voiced their concerns about the draft environmental impact statement, with many people stating they want the rail yard to be environmentally friendly.
The common council now has to review the impact statement and decide how they want to move forward.
"People in this city desperately need good jobs. we've had 50 rough years, so we're going to do everything we can to take care of this opportunity," Herzig said. "And you've heard the concerns tonight about wanting to make sure that we do it in a way that is environmentally friendly as can be and we take those concerns seriously, and we'll work towards having the most environmentally friendly job center that we can possibly create."
Written comment from the public regarding the impact statement has been extended until March 18.
- Oneonta Common Council holds public hearing for rail yards project
- Oneonta moving forward with rail yards project
- Oneonta common council discusses proposed housing project
- New developments for the Oneonta Rail Yard
- Updates for the Oneonta Rail Yards
- Oneonta Rail Yards may be included in city's master plan
- First stage of Oneonta rail yard gets approved
- Plans for former rail-yard temporarily derailed
- Oneonta Common Council discuss state grants at meeting
- Oneonta Common Council votes to change airport name