ONEONTA, N.Y. -- Homes in Oneonta were evacuated Friday morning due to high-pressure gas leak.
Mayor Gary Herzig says a contractor was working on repairing a water main around 9:20 a.m., and during the excavation process hit a gas line.
Residents in the area of Main and Roosevelt streets were evacuated.
Gas was shut off in the process, and residents were allowed to return to their homes by 10:30 a.m.
Officials say everyone is safe and there is no danger due to the gas leak.
- Oneonta homes evacuated due to high-pressure gas leak
- Frankfort residents back in their homes after natural gas leak
- Some Oneonta residents to experience water pressure issues today
- Whooping Cough Outbreak at Oneonta High School
- Gas leak cancels classes at Frankfort-Schuyler Middle/High for Friday
- Little Falls police confirm accidental gas leak caused explosion
- High pressure means beautiful weather continues!
- Oneonta Hotel Court Decision
- SUNY Oneonta graduation ceremony
- Oneida County Office Building evacuated due to fire alarm