Photo Gallery 1 Images
An Oneonta man is facing animal cruelty charges after four emaciated pigs were found in the town of Laurens, according to the Otsego County Sheriff’s Office.
Jared Talbot, 21, is charged with overriding, torturing or injuring animals, and failure to provide sustenance.
According to AllOtsego.com, a civilian complaint led deputies to the un-insulated shed on Fisk Road in the town of Laurens where four emaciated pigs were living. The pigs were found without food or water in the improper shelter.
The pigs were taken to the Susquehana Animal Shelter to be examined by a veterinarian, according to AllOtsego.com. Three of them were then released to a pig rescue organization and the fourth is being cared for by a local volunteer.
Talbot was released on an appearance ticket for the Town of Laurens Court at a later date.
- Oneonta man charged after 4 emaciated pigs found in Laurens
- Missing man found dead in Oneonta
- Heavy police presence in Laurens
- Missing Oneonta woman found safe in Binghamton
- Oneonta man and woman charged following attempted scams
- Man charged in Oneonta fatal fire being released from jail
- Laurens man accused of using stolen credit cards
- Felony hearing for Laurens man accused of killing parents
- Laurens man accused of killing parents indicted by grand jury
- Laurens man accused of killing parents pleads not guilty