ONEONTA- An Oneonta man is in serious condition after being struck by a vehicle near Walmart.
State Police said the incident happened on State Route 23 near the entrance to Walmart in Oneonta on Friday night.
After an investigation, they determined 62-year-old Steven A. Grant of Oneonta disregarded the crosswalk sign and crossed in front of the vehicle.
Grant was taken to the Walmart parking lot where he was airlifted to Wilson Memorial Hospital with serious injuries.
The driver of the vehicle is a 31-year-old man who has been cooperative with State Troopers.
No tickets have been issued and the investigation is ongoing.
- Oneonta man in serious condition after being hit by vehicle
- Oneonta Hotel Court Decision
- SUNY Oneonta graduation ceremony
- Missing man found dead in Oneonta
- Syracuse police: Man stole truck, hit vehicles before being shot
- Oneonta man accused of hitting 2 police cruisers, leading police on car chase
- It's Arbor Day in Oneonta
- Hundreds graduate from SUNY Oneonta
- Oneonta's vision for the future
- Oneonta house gutted by fire