ONEONTA, NY – The vision for the city of Oneonta’s future is starting to come into focus.
The city’s Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee held a workshop at city hall Tuesday to put the finishing touches on a vision statement for Oneonta’s future.
Over the past few years, city leaders have worked to create housing options for the city’s downtown area and are in the midst of re-developing the Oneonta railyards.
Mayor Gary Herzig says once the plan is complete, it will act as a 10 year guide for the city.
“I think that the committee is recognizing what is important most, is making the rest of the world know what we have to offer. There are so many reasons why people can come to visit, come to live, and come to work in Oneonta.”
The plan includes goals for supporting existing businesses, as well as attracting new ones.
The mayor tells us the next steering committee meeting should take place in two weeks, although no specific date has been set.
- Oneonta's vision for the future
- NEWSTALK: Vehicles for Vision
- Downtown Utica Vision Plan projects a bright future for the region
- Oneonta Hotel Court Decision
- SUNY Oneonta graduation ceremony
- It's Arbor Day in Oneonta
- Hundreds graduate from SUNY Oneonta
- Oneonta house gutted by fire
- Oneonta hotel owners in court
- Oneonta Hotel court case decision