It's Opening Day in Major League Baseball. And in some ways, opening day for Main Street in Cooperstown.
Businesses in Cooperstown are trading in their winter hats and mittens for baseball caps and gloves!
While the village is still celebrating the Hawkeyes first ever boys basketball state title, local businesses are gearing up to open their doors to thousands of baseball fans from all across the country.
Planning for tourists and induction weekend is a year round job, but opening day means it's just around the corner.
We're about four months away from induction weekend with the ceremony being held Sunday, July 21.
This year, businesses are preparing for one of the biggest crowds yet as Mariano Rivera, the first unanimous Hall of Fame selections, will be enshrined in the hallowed halls this summer.
- Opening Day in baseball means opening cash registers in Cooperstown
- Mug Club: Cooperstown Dreams Park Open House
- Cold temps mean early opening day at Woods Valley
- Sizzling in Cooperstown for Baseball HOF Induction Weekend
- Cooperstown bat comes full circle in Baseball Hall of Fame
- Cold Hard Cash
- Cooperstown Says Goodbye to Graduates
- Proposed parking plan in Cooperstown
- Cooperstown woman celebrates 102nd birthday
- Annual Oktoberfest underway in Cooperstown