JOHNSTOWN, NY – A Fulton County man has been arrested, accused of killing a St. Johnsville woman who went missing in September.
State Police held a news conference Thursday afternoon to announce the arrest of 45-year-old Daniel Nellis, Sr. on charges of second degree murder and criminal possession of a weapon in the death of 21-year-old Michaela MacVilla.
MacVilla had disappeared after leaving her job at the Stewart’s Shop on West Main Street in St. Johnsville just after midnight on September 25. Her family had said she regularly walked the few blocks home after work.
On the afternoon of Tuesday, October 2, a property owner off of Kingsbush Road in Oppenheim – about two-and-a-half miles away from the Stewart’s Shop – found MacVilla’s body.
Nellis was indicted and arraigned on the charges on Thursday by a Fulton County grand jury. He was taken to the Fulton County jail and is being held without bail.
- Oppenheim man charged with murdering St. Johnsville woman
- Missing St. Johnsville woman found dead
- St. Johnsville man charged following months-long theft investigation
- Phone records released in St. Johnsville murder investigation
- Police ask for help locating missing St. Johnsville woman
- Police still searching for missing St. Johnsville woman
- Nellis found guilty of killing 21-year-old St. Johnsville woman
- Jury deliberating fate of man accused of killing St. Johnsville woman
- Cause of St. Johnsville house fire under investigation
- UPDATE: Police to provide update on case of missing St. Johnsville woman