ORISKANY FALLS, N.Y. – The Oneida County Sheriff's Office has released photos of a suspect involved in a bank robbery in Oriskany Falls.
The Berkshire Bank on Main Street was robbed at 11:15 Wednesday morning, and the armed suspect is now on the run, Oneida County Sheriff Robert Maciol says.
A white man in his 50s, wearing a cowboy hat reportedly entered the bank and displayed what appeared to be a handgun and demanded money.
Deputies say the suspect fled on foot with an undetermined amount of cash.
The sheriff’s office is being assisted at the scene by state police, and are asking anyone with information to call 315-736-0141.
The Waterville Central School District was placed on a precautionary lockout because of the incident.
PARENTS: The Waterville Central School District has a precautionary lockout in place because of the incident. Students in the district, who ride an Oriskany Falls bus, need to be picked up by parents at dismissal today. https://t.co/gCnSxJiugg
— WKTV (@WKTV) May 8, 2019
The investigation is ongoing, and WKTV will have more information once it becomes available.
- Search continues for armed bank robbery suspect in Oriskany Falls
- Oriskany Falls bank robbery suspect lived in quiet, senior community
- Convicted serial bank robber arrested in Oriskany Falls bank robbery
- Utica police search for Berkshire Bank robbery suspect
- NBT Bank robbery suspect in Utica police custody
- Deputies: Disorderly man causes Oriskany Falls courtroom to be cleared
- Tenney tours old Covidien Manufacturing site in Oriskany Falls
- Oriskany Falls Fire Department holds breakfast with Santa
- Possible armed robbery in town of Russia
- California's somber search effort continues