ORISKANY FALLS, N.Y. -- A convicted serial bank robber was arrested following an armed bank robbery investigation in Oriskany Falls.
After a lengthy investigation, Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol says on May 8, 71-year-old Walter Parker of West Carthage, robbed the Berkshire Bank on Main Street.
The sheriff’s office found clothing that Parker wore during the alleged robbery, and they were able to match his DNA to the items – along with the vehicle used in the incident.
While running a background check, authorities learned Parker was a serial bank robber back in 2004 – when he committed multiple bank robberies in New York state.
Deputies say that Parker was familiar with the area after living in New Hartford, and Kirkland in the 1980s.
He was taken into custody at his place of employment in Jefferson County, and was charged with second-degree robbery and second-degree criminal use of a firearm.
Parker is being held at the Oneida County Jail, awaiting arraignment sometime Friday.
- Convicted serial bank robber arrested in Oriskany Falls bank robbery
- Oriskany Falls bank robbery suspect lived in quiet, senior community
- Search continues for armed bank robbery suspect in Oriskany Falls
- Arrest made in Adirondack Bank robbery in Utica
- Bank robbery at Adirondack Bank in Sylvan Beach, state police investigating
- Clinton man sentenced to prison time for Adirondack Bank robbery
- Utica police search for Berkshire Bank robbery suspect
- NBT Bank robbery suspect in Utica police custody
- Deputies: Disorderly man causes Oriskany Falls courtroom to be cleared
- Tenney tours old Covidien Manufacturing site in Oriskany Falls