UTICA – An accident on Oriskany Street in Utica shut down traffic during the afternoon commute today.
The accident occurred around 3 p.m., and it took some time for crews to clean up the scene as a utility pole came down and laid across the street with wires still attached. Police blocked traffic while the crews worked to clear the scene.
Photo courtesy of Lynne Burns
The map above shows the current traffic patterns in that area. Green represents normal traffic flow, red is stop-and-go, orange means crawling and yellow means slow.
- Oriskany Street accident causes traffic delays
- Traffic alert: Expected lane closures on Route 5S Oriskany Street in Utica
- Traffic alert: Bridge replacement project begins in village of Oriskany
- Power outages due to Oriskany Street construction expected
- Rollover accident causes delays in New Hartford
- UPDATE: Police ID Oriskany Falls woman killed in accident with tractor trailer
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted in Oriskany
- Local hometown hero honored in Oriskany
- Ramp from Route 12 south to Oriskany Street to be closed Friday
- Oriskany Street back open following massive water main break in Utica