Otsego County Sheriff Richard Devlin Jr. has unofficially beat his opponent, Bob Fernandez, in a Republican primary election for the Otsego County sheriff race.
Unofficial vote tallies show that Devlin received 1,700 votes and Fernandez received 1,316 votes.
Fernandez will remain on the general election ballot on Nov. 6, on the Democratic Party line. Devlin will appear on four party lines: Republican, Conservative, Independence and Reform.
Devlin has served in the role of sheriff for 12 years, and this is the first time he has had an opponent.
- Otsego County Sheriff Richard Devlin unofficially wins Republican primary
- Devlin unofficially wins re-election as Otsego County sheriff
- Fernandez concedes Otsego County Sheriff race to Devlin
- Bova unofficially wins Republican primary for 119th Assembly District
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Tedra Cobb unofficially wins 21st Congressional District Democratic primary
- Otsego County DA disputes sheriff candidate's claim
- Assemblyman Bill Magee unofficial winner of 121st District Democratic primary
- Smullen unofficial winner of both primaries for 118th Assembly District
- Otsego County 2018 goals