Otsego County will now have a county administrator after the Board of Representatives voted Wednesday in favor of creating the position.
The administrator will be responsible for overseeing daily operations in the county and help monitor new developments.
“To manage all these things and to be here on a daily basis to institute the myriad of changes that we have made and can continue to come up with innovative ideas - we've been very good and coming up with innovative programs that have worked but there is a lot more to do,” said Dave Bliss, chair of the Otsego County board.
The county administrator will be chosen by the board, not elected by voters. The board plans to fill the position in early 2020.
- Otsego County board votes 'yes' to creating new administration position
- Otsego Board moves forward with creating county manager position
- Otsego County looking to add county administrator position
- Otsego County Board of Elections prepares for early voting
- Otsego County board passes 2020 budget
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- Mug Club: Otsego County Fair