MIDDLEFIELD, N.Y. (AP) - Police say a 68-year-old dairy farmer has died after being gored by a bull in his pasture.
Otsego County Sheriff Richard Devlin says Eugene Wolfert was pronounced dead shortly after emergency personnel arrived at his farm in Middlefield Tuesday morning.
Devlin says Wolfert apparently was feeding his cattle when the bull charged and gored him multiple times, pinning him to the ground and pushing him out of the pasture. A family member called 911.
Devlin says the bull was euthanized after the attack. He said the family reported it had not been aggressive before.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Otsego County dairy farmer gored to death by bull
- Oneida County holds dairy farmer forum
- Otsego County farmer charged in cow deaths case
- Dairy farmers struggle to make ends “meat”
- Dairy farmer forum highlights industry problems in Oneida County
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Local dairy farmers share struggles with regulation, industry
- Northeast dairy farmers paid in class action lawsuit