MARYLAND, N.Y. -- An Otsego County farm owner was charged, after cows were found dead on his property in the town of Maryland.
Dale Putnam Jr. is facing six counts of overdriving, torturing and injuring animals, as well as failure to provide proper sustenance.
The Otsego County Sheriff's Office says 20 cows were found at various stages of decomposition inside the barn on Highway 7.
Also, of the cows found alive – one was in such poor health from giving birth that it had to be euthanized.
Remaining cattle were taken in by local farmers for safe keeping until the end of the investigation.
- Otsego County farmer charged in cow deaths case
- Otsego County dairy farmer gored to death by bull
- Two dozen cows found dead on Otsego County farm
- Cow cuddling: Paying farmers for 'sMOOches'
- Still no charges after dead cows, pigs discovered in Otsego County
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- Mug Club: Otsego County Fair