WORCESTER, N.Y. -- A home health aide in Otsego County is facing grand larceny charges for allegedly stealing more than $33,000 from an elderly couple she was taking care of.
Stephanie Shulgay, 32 of Worcester, was arraigned in Otsego County Court where she plead not guilty to the November 2018 grand larceny charges.
She allegedly stole the money by using the couple's credit and debit cards between July 2017 and October 2018.
The Otsego County sheriff's department says, Shulgay allegedly used the money to pay bills for herself and an elderly uncle.
She was originally charged with stealing $11,000, but it was later found out she was allegedly using checks, as well as cash and another credit card owned by the couple.
The investigation is still ongoing.
PHOTO COURTESY OF: https://www.allotsego.com/
- Otsego County health aide accused of stealing $33k from elderly couple
- Healthcare aide accused of stealing $11,000 from elderly couple
- Rome woman accused of stealing $12K from elderly man
- Otsego County man accused of selling heroin
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Orange County Man arrested for scamming elderly couple in Baldwinsville
- Otsego County Sheriff : Check in on your elderly parents finances more regularly
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements