WORCESTER – A Worcester man is facing a felony burglary charge after he allegedly fled from police and was then found burglarizing a house, according to New York State Police.
Tristen Caballer, 22, is charged with felony second-degree burglary.
Police say just before 11 a.m. Feb. 9, a trooper responded to a 911 call of a burglary in progress at a home on Decatur Street in Worcester, Otsego County. Police say the previous night, Otsego County sheriff’s deputies tried serving an arrest warrant on Caballer, who fled on foot.
Police say Caballer then went into an enclosed porch at a residence without permission to keep from being located by deputies, and he then stole clothing and shoes before eventually returning to his home on Church Street.
Caballer was arrested at his home without incident. He was arraigned in Worcester Town Court and sent to the Otsego County Jail on $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 bond.
- Otsego County man accused of fleeing from police, burglarizing home
- Otsego County man accused of selling heroin
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Otsego County man accused of making terroristic threat against school
- Otsego County man accused of using stolen credit card
- Former owner, manager of Otsego nursing home accused of endangerment
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- Mug Club: Otsego County Fair