A teen is facing several sex abuse charges for allegedly having sexual contact with a child, according to the Otsego County Sheriff’s Office.
The 16-year-old is charged with two counts of first-degree sexual abuse out of the Town of Laurens Court and one count of first-degree sexual abuse out of the Town of Otego Court.
Deputies say the arrest followed an investigation into a report of sexual contact with a female 9-year-old victim. The teen was arrested and arraigned in the Town of Laurens Court, then released to an adult with an order of protection instated.
The teen is scheduled to reappear in both Laurens and Otego court on Thursday, November 16.
- Otsego County teen facing several sex abuse charges
- Otsego County man facing rape, criminal sexual act charges
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- New Hartford psychiatrist Surendra Johri faces new sex abuse charges
- Sex offender facing new charges for alleged child sexual abuse
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- Mug Club: Otsego County Fair
- Otsego County dog seizure update