DECATUR, N.Y. -- A mother is accused of causing the deaths of her month-old twins in Otsego County.
Kimberly Steeley, 27 of Decatur was charged with two counts of second-degree manslaughter.
The twins, Liam and Bonde, died of asphyxiation in June of last year.
The Otsego County district attorney says Bonde died first, and authorities believed the reason was "sudden infant death syndrome.” Then, 11 days later Liam died of the same condition.
Both times, Steeley allegedly reported that she found the infants dead in their bassinets, which were in the mother's bedroom.
The case was presented to a grand jury as murder, the grand jury indicted her on manslaughter.
Steeley posted bail, and a hearing is scheduled for June 3.
- Otsego County mother accused of causing the deaths of month-old twins
- Otsego County man accused of selling heroin
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Sen. Seward commemorates Second Chance Month in Otsego County
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- Mug Club: Otsego County Fair
- Otsego County dog seizure update
- Otsego County dairy farmer gored to death by bull