The Otsego County website, OtsegoCounty.com, has been taken offline due to a cyber attack.
The county’s IT director, Brian Pokorny, says the county government experienced a significant cyber attack that’s believed to be due to a “zero-day” vulnerability. The term “zero-day” means the vulnerability has yet to be fixed by security professionals such as anti-virus companies.
The county's website and some other services were taken offline "in an abundance of caution," according to Pokorny, and they're now undergoing a rigorous security review.
Pokorny says the county’s IT resources are working with state and federal resources to restore services and identify the perpetrators.
He says at this time there’s no indication that any citizen data was accessed or exposed, and there’s no evidence that Otsego County was specifically targeted because they’re a government entity.
- Otsego County's website taken offline due to cyber attack
- 8chan goes offline after Cloudflare pulls support for website used by El Paso suspect
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Otsego County Jail shut down due to water leakage
- Inmate at Otsego County Jail accused of attacking another inmate
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- Mug Club: Otsego County Fair
- Otsego County dog seizure update